On Sun 23 Jun 2013 at 23:39:30 -0700, Dan B. wrote:

> Where are the instructions for what to do after installing the cups-pdf
> package, to have the virtual to-PDF printer appear (e.g. in "lpstat -a"
> output) and be able to print to PDF?
>
> The files /usr/share/doc/cups-pdf/... don't seem to have any such
> instructions.
>
> (I tried using the CUPS administration tool at http://localhost:631/admin,
> but it's unclear how to proceed (e.g., what Make and Model would I use).)

lpstat should show the PDF print queue when issued on the machine which
cups-pdf has been installed to. For other machines on the network you
have to share it. This can be done from the web interface by modifying
the printer from 'Administration'. The PPD is under 'Generic'.

Or

   service cups stop

and edit /etc/cups/printers.conf to have 'Shared Yes'. And then

   service cups start