Am 28.06.2013 um 06:15 schrieb Stan Hoeppner:

On 6/27/2013 10:12 PM, Gary Dale wrote:

32bit systems have memory limitations that you don't
encounter with 64bit.

There are two such limitations when using a PAE kernel and 32bit user
space on x86-64, which are the same limitations on P6 class CPUs:

1.  64GB maximum physical memory
2.   2GB per process address space

~99.9999% of desktop Linux users will never exceed either of these. The same number of users have less than 64GB physical memory. For those who
have trouble with percentages, this is 1 in a million users.

*Maybe* you are right. *Maybe* in this case means that I don't want to risk 10 minutes for clarifying problems with non-plain 32-bit or 64- bit configurations.

Thus my configurations are all plain (out of the box) 32 bit, if the hardware is limited, and plain 64 bit in all other cases.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer