On 28/06/13 01:22 PM, Jeff Shearer wrote:
Yeah, I tired to switch to KDE but as I have said, when I reboot I get
KDM but then up comes gnome rather than KDE.

You need to select KDE before logging in. Normally KDM, GDM, and the like give you the last desktop you used. You need to choose a different desktop from the login options menu in KDM.

In fact, you don't need to run KDM at all. You can just as easily login using GDM so long as you select KDE as your desktop.

I believe Ubuntu's Unity desktop however has some issues with what you use to log in with. Either that or LightDM only logs into Unity. It's been a while since I worked on an Ubuntu machine but there were problems... Most DMs let you select any desktop you have installed.