Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf <at> alice-dsl.net> writes:

> On Tue, 2013-07-09 at 08:36 +0000, Borislav Sabev wrote:
> > Next step would be compiling upstream alsa or?
>
> I would do this for testing purpose, or build a current kernel with
> current version of alsa included.

Installing the latest ALSA on my current kernel (3.2.0) worked flawlessly
so far. I did notice that after the first restart of the system the audio
worked for some time and then stopped. This hasn't occured again so far but
I am testing to see what will happen further. If the problem continues I may
try with the 3.9 kernel.

I uset the alsa-compile.sh script from alsa-project.org however it has a
"bug". On line 457 the script is trying to check if the current kernel
source package (linux-source-3.2) is installed however the script is using:

"linux-source-$(uname --kernel-release | sed 's/-.*$//')"

to match against the kernel version. This will output: 3.2.N
However in Debian the kernel source packege is: linux-source-3.2 or
linux-source-3.9 so the pattern is 3.N. I changed the script to suit my
needs locally - I actually hardcoded it to my package name and installed.
I am trying to register with the ALSA project and report this bug but am
unable to since I can't seem to find the answer to the "captcha" question...
Anyway a correct sed regex in this case would be:

"uname --kernel-release | sed 's/.[0-9]-.*$//'"

in order to omit the last . (dot) and digit.

Thanks for your help.
Cheers,
   Borislav.