Le 19.08.2013 14:22, Ralf Mardorf a écrit :
For other tastes, there are other good distros too. Bad distros among
the well known IMO are only those, that don't have a community, such as e.g. Mint. Mint might be ok, but when those people run into issues, they
ask at Debian and Ubuntu lists.

Regards,
Ralf

That reasoning is not too bad, but I think I can remember having seen some Ubuntu users around here ;) On the other hand, when I have a problem, if I am not able to solve it myself ( It is quite rare, tbh, but it is only because I do not work as an admin and so I can spend hours into fixing something or finding a workaround... like how to purge NVIDIA*.run's files after a crash of an installer - was is debian's one or the .run? Don't remember - which could have taken less hours if I had asked here.), it often happen to be solved on [ ubuntu | archlinux | gentoo ] forums/wiki, depending on the problem ( Ubuntu's forum to find a software, archlinux and gentoo to play even more with my system, it seem ), rarely on Debian's ones ( depending on the results ddg gave me ).

So, it would mean that Debian is badder than those 3 distros, which I do not think. There is are quite active mailing lists, but, and this is the stronger point imho, Debian allows more customizations more easily than the 3 other distros I have mentioned ( again: my opinion, do not start a war on those words ).

So, even if I never tried mint, it is probable that it is not a so bad distro because maybe it meet it's users needs. It is a linux distro, and given how small the linux community is, I do not think we should restrain ourselves to a single subcommunity (even if I have only really used Debian, ironically ;) I tried the 3 others I mentioned, but disliked Ubuntu, had archlinux broken to install xorg, and never had a damned working kernel with gentoo... I'll retry gentoo later, with more knowledge.).