I contacted MSI to ask if they made a motherboard I could use. Here is the
exchange:

Me: I want to purchase a motherboard for a Linux computer. I would prefer one
that would accept the new Haswell processor. The BIOS must allow for Secure
Boot to be disabled, and CSM mode to be enabled, e.g. UEFI disabled. This would
obviously be a board that is not compliant with Microsoft's new
"Connected-stand-by" feature. Do you make such a board, and if you do which
board might it be?
MSI tech: MSI does not perform and provide any Linux support for mb, only
Windows.

This looks to me like a stock refusal to even consider a technical question
(because I mentioned Linux) rather than an affirmation that they have
implemented Connected-standby and that their BIOS lacks the options to disable
Secure Boot and UEFI.

Zareason will cost me a solid $500 more than building my own (and that's
including buying and installing the Radeon 7870 myself, as they want $350 for
it and I can get it for about $200) but it may be the only way to get a Haswell
chip on a board that is not BIOS restricted to Windows.

I visited my local computer shop and the owner was clueless about Secure Boot,
UEFI, and Connected-standby.