On Monday 11 November 2013 11:11 PM, Curt wrote:
On 2013-11-11, Chris Bannister <cbannis...@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:

Will the nouveau driver be "unblacklisted" after the purge?

Ask yourself - "Would you, as system administrator, expect this?" then

Oh, sorry, I thought you were answering the OP, a newbie who asked for
the procedure (even a wiki) involved in going back to the nouveau driver
from the nvidia packages, which might involve manually unblacklisting
the nouveau driver (or not), a potentially lethal point which I don't
believe you mentioned.

Hi All,

I've used the sgfxi script and it supports removing non-free drivers and installing free ones instead.

http://smxi.org/site/about.htm#sgfxi
What is sgfxi (simple graphics installer - s gfx i)

The primary purpose of sgfxi is to install non-free graphics drivers. It also supports removing non-free graphics drivers and replacing them with the free version. To do this it cleans out the system of any previous drivers, then installs the latest versions of the driver you have requested.

Sincerely,
Kailash