----- Original Message -----
From: Andrei POPESCU
Sent:Tue, 26 Nov 2013 13:04:24 +0200
Subject:Re: Booting from USB stick

 On Lu, 25 nov 13, 23:40:44, erosenberg@hygeiabiomedicalcom [1]
wrote:
 > Dear List -
 > There is a problem with my Lenovo 8189-58U.  It will not boot
from
 > the CDROM.  According to Google, it is a problem with the older
BIOS.
 >  I need to flash the BIOS, but I cannot boot from a USB stick.so
[2]...
 > How do I use GRUB to boot  from a USB stick?  Any other
 > suggestions?

 If the USB is available to Grub you should be able to boot from it
like
 with any other storage device. If this is a Debian machine insert
the
 USB stick and run 'update-grub' as root. If everything works fine
you
 should have a new entry in the Grub menu with the USB stick "OS".

 If you can't boot it please try to reproduce any error messages as
 faithfully as possible and copy-paste the relevant part from
 /boot/grub/grub.cfg [3], somewhere between the

 ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###
 ### END /etc/grub.d/30_os-prober ###

 markers. If in doubt just attach the whole file.

 Kind regards,
 Andrei
 --
http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser [4]