On 12/16/2013 12:45 PM, Brian wrote:
On Mon 16 Dec 2013 at 09:40:17 +0100, ha wrote:

[Snip]

So the question is:
1. Did anybody managed to boot from USB and install debian using
grub2 and the netinstall debian image? (i.e. Is this possible? Does
netinstall support this?)

Yes, using the hd-media kernel and initrd. Employing GRUB's loopback
feature with a netinst ISO is not possible at present.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

2. Did I miss something plain simple? (like, a boot parameter that
will mount the iso image to correct location; or link it; or
whatever)

You'll be interested in the short discussion at

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2013/09/msg00094.html

and its associated bug report at

Great, thanks.
But it seems as a dead end.

It would be helpful if you could share any knowledge you might have on utilizing loop.ko module, mentioned in the bug report.