On 3 January 2014 19:21, Muntasim-Ul-Haque <ninet...@iut-dhaka.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed Tor on Debian 7 but couldn't use it. Viladia is showing the
> following errors:
> [Warning] Could not bind to 127.0.0.1:9050: Cannot assign requested address
> [Warning] /var/run/tor is not owned by this user (tranjeeshan, 1000) but by
> debian-tor (115). Perhaps you are running Tor as the wrong user?
> [Warning] Before Tor can create a control socket in "/var/run/tor/control",
> the directory "/var/run/tor" needs to exist, and to be accessible only by
> the user account that is running Tor.  (On some Unix systems, anybody who
> can list a socket can connect to it, so Tor is being careful.)
> [Warning] Failed to parse/validate config: Failed to bind one of the
> listener ports.
>
> Now how can I make Tor work?
> Thanking you,
> Muntasim-Ul-haque

Worth considering: Details taken from Debian package description:

Note that Tor does no protocol cleaning on application traffic. There
is a danger that application protocols and associated programs can be
induced to reveal information about the user. Tor depends on Torbutton
and similar protocol cleaners to solve this problem. For best
protection when web surfing, the Tor Project recommends that you use
the Tor Browser Bundle, a standalone tarball that includes static
builds of Tor, Torbutton, and a modified Firefox that is patched to fix
a variety of privacy bugs.

The Tor Browser Bundle, is available from:

https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
--
rob