On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 04:14:42PM -0600, Bob Goldberg wrote:

> so my question now very simply becomes:
> what do demanding admin's choose as a preferred SFTP server, that allows
> chrooting WITH group "w" access ????

I'm not sure how the OpenSSH implementation handles ACLs, maybe that's
an option but I did not test it.

Then there is Proftpd which has a mod_sftp extension.

And there are still the solutions which predate the chroot() and sftp-internal
implementation possible with OpenSSH like
- scponly
- rssh
- rush

All of them have a somewhat mixed security record and have some cost in
terms of chroot setup and mainting them properly.

Sven
--
There we were, the three of us, the thief the king and I.
Finally, we were forced to see, we were equals in the night.