well, I can affirmatively say that clonezilla works. I was "messing
around " trying to install some stupid ( humble bundle) games, and the
directions ( quick fix) said to add an experimental source, then , well
here are the instructions:
Add the following line to the file /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main
Update your package database:

apt-get update
Install the eglibc package:

apt-get -t experimental install libc6-amd64 libc6-dev libc6-dbg
Pray...
yes, he did say Pray.. my bad, I should have known!!!

well it didn't work. made my system unbootable even to the command
prompt.  something about a missing selpole.... when he said pray, I
guess he meant it :)
anyway, I had JUST LAST WEEK created a clonezilla backup on another
partition ! it took me about 3 tries to figure out which menus and how
to do the restore ( I almost said YES to wiping out my entire 2nd drive
), but I finally got it, did it, rebooted, and 30 minutes after it
crashed, I am BACK!! yay!!!

I am running wheezy amd_64 .. remind me to NOT add experimental to my
sources ever again!!

--
Paul Cartwright