On Sun, Jan 05, 2014 at 08:43:23AM -0500, Mitchell Laks wrote:

> I wanted to see if I can rejuvenate this thread or if should I start a new
> one.
>
> My debian  stable (now is sid but no new behavior) ps2 keyboards keep
> maniacally repeating keys.
>
>  occasionally it seems almost spontaneous but likely i hit one return and it
> keeps typing return
> until i hit another key then it stops.
>
> when I try with another ps2 keyboard, same problem
>
> no problem with a usb keyboard.
>
> it started when I moved to a new motherboard with 6 core processor.

I would first suspect the ps2 port on the motherboard. I was going to
suggest trying a USB keyboard through a ps2 adapter, but I'm not sure
that would isolate any areas of investigation.

Cheers,
Tom

--
This is not the age of pamphleteers. It is the age of the engineers.  The
spark-gap is mightier than the pen.  Democracy will not be salvaged by men