Marc,

* Marc Shapiro wrote on 2014-01-31 at 07:09 (-0800):

> OK, I just replaced chrony, yesterday.  I have one question.
> Is there an equivalent to using chronyc to check how accurate
> the time is, or what server is being used?  That way, I could
> verify that it is connecting on its own when I have to do a
> reboot.

unfortunately, there isn't.  However you may run something like

    # lsof -i UDP:123 | grep ^ntpd

You also can look (grep?) in /var/log/daemon.log for messages
like

    ntpd[12345]: ntp engine ready
    ntpd[12345]: peer 1.2.3.4 now valid
    ntpd[12345]: clock is now synced

Perhaps it also helps to check the periodically written drift
file /var/lib/openntpd/ntpd.drift.

Also sending "a SIGINFO signal, it [ntpd] will write its peer and
sensor status to syslog" does not work either as there is no
SIGINFO signal in Linux.  ntpd(8) is wrong here.

Regards,
Mathias