Le 05.02.2014 13:59, Anubhav Yadav a écrit :
Network Manager isn't good, it's bad, however if you like it, you can
use it with Xfce too and don't worry about installing GNOME
dependencies, since Xfce is based on much GNOME stuff. Regarding to
Thunar vs Nautlius, note that if you install all that automatic crap, than Thunar anyway will use GNOME Virtual File System. Xfce is based on
GTK too. IOW you could use Natilus with Xfce and don't need to worry
about too much extra dependencies, but you still could benefit from the
advantages that Xfce has got over GNOME.

Thats why I have been thinking that why not use a minimal window
manager like awesome or i3?
--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav

I do not know for awesome, but for i3, the reason could be to avoid learning a new way of thinking. I3 is not only efficient in a memory and CPU point of view, but also in term of user's time, if you learn how to use it. Tiling Wm are different from the standard ones.