On Monday 03 March 2014 09:49:13 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> I strongly advise that on your next buy (not necessarily MFPs) you
> also consider how well that device is supported with Linux. Bonus
> if the manufacturer contributes to that support. If enough of us
> are doing the same it might eventually open the eyes of
> manufacturers towards the benefits of FLOSS, etc.

It has transpired that the AIO in question is a Samsung.  Samsung are
*very* good at supporting Linux.  I recently had a lot of help
because the suppiled driver for a Samsung AIO would not run correctly
in Debian 7.  As the chap who was helping said, there are a lot of
version of a lot of distros.  They cannot guarantee that a single
driver will run with all. What they did do, was help and supply an
alternative driver, and stay with me until it was running correctly
on two machines.

Lisi