On 20140411_1853+0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 04:58:56PM +0100, Martin Read wrote:
> > As Lisi Reisz notes, findutils is not in wheezy-backports. A search on
> > packages.debian.org reveals that a package of findutils 4.5.12 was created
> > for experimental on 2013-09-28, but for whatever reason the maintainer has
> > not acted to put any of the 4.5.x versions (the first 4.5.x version to land
> > in experimental was 4.5.7, created on 2010-04-03) of findutils into
> > unstable.
>
> findutils 4.5.x is considered alpha by its developers. As such, the
> Debian package maintainer understandably only uploads those releases to
> experimental.
>
> The latest upstream release still is 4.4.2, cf.
> http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/findutils/
> http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/findutils/
>
> @Paul: Has the bug you encountered already been reported to the BTS? If
> so, you might want to add some detail to it, e.g. the hint that it is
> supposedly fixed in 4.5.10. If not, you might want to file a bugreport.
>
> HTH,
> Flo

I have been pursuing a multitrack approach on this. Things happened
faster on this issue on the non-Debian track. I don't know if its been
reported on Debian BTS, but from another track I already know that it
is already fixed in (4.5.10) and has been established as present in
(4.4.2) (both by an openSUSE user). I will file a bugreport.

Thanks,
--
Paul E Condon
pecon...@mesanetworks.net