On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a few hundred screen shots I want to put on a web page, but
> they are all full-screen and I want to crop to the real contents.
> This is an identical region in all cases.  So I want to script it.
>
> So, 2 questions:
> A) What's the best tool for the job?  Gimp, irfanview, or something else?
> B) Is there a script already in existence where I can just change the
> crop rectangle?  I really don't want to learn a new language for a
> one-time job.

After seeing tons of different scripts and no response to your idea of
irfanview, I figured I'd put my $.02 in.... Irfanview is a Windows
program and this is a linux forum. Other than that, it is what I'd
recommend someone look at in order to attempt to do this before I had
to write them a one off script. Last I checked there is no linux port
of irfanview. You could look at xnview/xnconvert and after you figure
out the cli options, run it through a loop or xargs or find exec.

You could also look for a gimpscript (basically python iirc) to do
this there. Or if this is something you will need to repeat, you might
look into writing it.