On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 5:43 PM, Slavko <li...@slavino.sk> wrote:

> Ahoj,
>
> I am talking about encryption and the F/OSS in general and i have my
> privacy in the mind. Here exists a lot of people int today world, which
> tell, that they have nothing to hide.

*Everybody* has something to hide. Everyone. Don't believe me? Offer to put
a public webcam in their bathroom. :D

The problem is that the people that are wanting to know every single thing
about everyone are the same ones that are making the rules as to whether or
not you have anything to hide.

I expect, that critical applications (openssl, gpg, ssh, gnutls, etc)
> will not contain these mistakes, and if something similar happens again
> (because yes - mistakes happens), then discovering these mistakes will
> not take years, but days or weeks...
>
> Is it a my mistake, that i cannot help with this? Am i expecting a
> lot? Need i switch to proprietary software (yes, i know, that is no
> solution)?

You could, but then, you end up in a situation where a corporate entity
will sacrifice your security for their bottom line, for their next
quarterly earnings statement. Look at MS, who finally fixed a years-old bug
in XP two months before it's end of life...Or Apple, sacrifices your
security by wordsmithing. According to them, they don't get malware, their
computers just have "unwanted programs."