On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 02:43:31PM -0500, c. marlow wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 19:50 +0100, Brian wrote:

> > You have joined your mail to an existing one and your topic has nothing
> > to do with the one you have added your mail to.
> >
> > This doesn't benefit the person who sent the original mail and it
> > doesn't benefit you.
> >
> > Please submit your mail again as a completely separate message.

> I was just curious why that question would not be allowed into the
> group? Isnt this group for Debian users that are using plain debian
> and not a directive as in Ubuntu, mint?
>
> Isnt this group for all Desktop Environments Xfce, Lxde, Gnome 3?

Brian wasn't commenting about the posts suitability for this mailing
list but that the poster had hijacked an existing, unrelated thread, and
requested that he start a new thread with his question. Some benefits of
starting a new thread are that it will not get buried in the existing
thread and it will not pollute the existing thread.

Potential respondents to the cinnamon question may have seen the
original thread, not been interested in it, killed the thread and so
would not see the question that they would be able to help with.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Krogt, n. (chemical symbol: Kr):
        The metallic silver coating found on fast-food game cards.