On 29/04/14 23:53, Tom Furie wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 08:29:45PM +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 29/04/14 20:22, Paul Lane wrote:
>>> Searched archive and found nothing regarding any discussion of
>>> it being removed. I did find it available for Squeeze. However,
>>> as I stated it is not found in the package lists for Wheezy.
>>> Has it been renamed, removed, or otherwise squashed?
>>>

>> Wheezy main nonfree contrib (with backports enabled), apt-cache
>> search results:- linuxdoc-tools-text - Text output facility of
>> LinuxDoc-Tools doc-linux-text - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in ASCII
>> format
>
> Interesting.

> Is that an old squeeze package that's been left installed?

No.

> What does apt-cache policy doc-linux-text show?

doc-linux-text:

  Installed: 2008.08-1

  Candidate: 2008.08-1

  Version table:

 *** 2008.08-1 0

        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Not installed in 2008 (2014).

> I have wheezy with main, contrib and non-free enabled on updates
> and backports but doc-linux-text doesn't appear here, though there
> *are* -ja-text and -fr-text packages.
>
> apt-cache search doc-linux
>
> doc-linux-fr-html - Linux docs in French: HOWTOs, MetaFAQs in HTML
> format doc-linux-fr-text - Linux docs in French: HOWTOs, MetaFAQs
> in ASCII format doc-linux-hr - Documentation in Croatian /
> dokumentacija na hrvatskom doc-linux-ja-html - Linux HOWTOs and
> FAQs in Japanese (HTML format) doc-linux-ja-text - Linux HOWTOs and
> FAQs in Japanese (TEXT format) doc-linux-pl - Linux docs in Polish:
> HOWTO - ascii version doc-linux-pl-html - Linux docs in Polish:
> HOWTO - html version

apt-cache search doc-linux:-
doc-linux-fr-html - Linux docs in French: HOWTOs, MetaFAQs in HTML
format
doc-linux-fr-text - Linux docs in French: HOWTOs, MetaFAQs in ASCII
format
doc-linux-hr - Documentation in Croatian / dokumentacija na hrvatskom
doc-linux-ja-html - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in Japanese (HTML format)
doc-linux-ja-text - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in Japanese (TEXT format)
doc-linux-pl - Linux docs in Polish: HOWTO - ascii version
doc-linux-pl-html - Linux docs in Polish: HOWTO - html version
*doc-linux-text* - Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in ASCII format

cat /etc/apt/*/*.list | grep -v "^#"
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/debian wheezy main non-free contrib
deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/debian/ wheezy-backports main
contrib non-free
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/earth/deb/ stable main
deb http://dl.google.com/linux/talkplugin/deb/ stable main
deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ wheezy-backports iceweasel-release
deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org wheezy main non-free
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/ wheezy contrib
deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian/ wheezy main

NOTE: clean build from scratch, not upgraded from Squeeze

> Cheers, Tom

Kind regards