On Fri 06 Jun 2014 at 16:39:22 +0200, Siard wrote:

> For a couple of weeks now, printing with CUPS does not work in Jessie
> after booting with systemd.
> However: after booting with SysVinit, everything works fine.

Is this with 'init-/bin/systemd' or is systemd-sysv installed. Not that
it particularly matters, it's just part of the picture.

> With systemd, upgrading showed lots of errors concerning CUPS.
> The problem is described here:
> www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1208054.html
> Those errors have gone lately, but printing still doesn't work with
> systemd, even though the site mentions that it should be fixed in
> CUPS 1.7.1-11, whilst CUPS in Jessie is already at 1.7.2-3.

If the errors are gone the bug is fixed.

> E.g., LibreOffice sees no printers, it only lists a 'generic printer'
> and the CUPS interface at http://localhost:631 is unreachable.

Is this your specific problem? I can think of reasons for it with
printer discovery over a network but the 'works with sysvinit but not
with systemd' wouldn't be part of the solution.

> It strikes me that I have not seen it mentioned in this list yet.
> Doesn't it affect others and is there perhaps an easy solution that
> I'm missing?

A minimal Wheezy install upgraded smoothly to Jessie here and

   lpstat -a

shows the print queues on a cups 1.7 server.