On Mon, 16 Jun 2014, Hans wrote:
> Why not fix it directly in testing? I always thought, packages in
> testing are already tested (for a time). Follwing your desription, it
> would be better, to run sid than testing, as the fix is faster in sid,
> than in testing.

The fix may be faster in unstable, but there is a lot of breakage which
is also found and fixed in unstable well before it reaches testing.

[I]t's true that some of the most terrible things in the world are
done by people who think, genuinely think, that they're doing it for
the best, especially if there is some god involved.
 -- Terry Pratchett _Snuff_ p185