OK. I managed to get Debian installed. Here is what I did:

I had previously installed the Debian installer stuff from the DVD into the
Windows bootloader. However, since my keyboard didn't work I couldn't tell
the computer to start the Debian installer from the Windows bootloader
menu, so I only had the option of starting Windows. I had the same problem
with booting the Debian DVD directly. My USB keyboard was not working yet,
so I could not start the installer.

So, after some thinking, I found this free program for managing the Windows
bootloader:

https://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

In Windows, I used the program to change the default from Windows loading
to loading the Debian installer.

I rebooted. As soon as the installer loaded, I was able to use my USB
keyboard to install Debian.

This is the first time I have ever had this issue and the first time I have
owned a computer without a PS/2 keyboard connector. I have another computer
where the same USB keyboard works at system boot, so I can get into CMOS or
choose options from the Grub menu.

However, I will still have the same problem in the future if I need to
reinstall Debian. Plus, I cannot get into CMOS while my keyboard is not
working during boot.