Hi,

When I logged out of fvwm, and hence X, tty3 (the tty where X was
running) displayed this at the top of the screen:

enabled, not active [unchanged]

Is this normal or a bug?

How do I regain the use of this tty as a text console?

If the answer is "Oh, easy, just reboot", you'll have to convince me you
are not a malicious joker.

I am already finding it tiresome having to run 'kbdrate -r 40 -d 40'
after each *upgrade* of systemd. I'm guessing I'm going to have to run
it after each reboot, although, luckily I rarely reboot this particular
laptop.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X