On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 09:24:03PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Bob Holtzman wrote:
> > Brian wrote:
> >           .........snip........
> > > Consider using
> > >    deb http://http.debian.net/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
> >
> > debian.net and not debian.org??????
>
> "It's cool!" :-)  Visit http://http.debian.net/ and read about it.
> Here is the original announcement of it.
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2012/06/msg00007.html

Thanks. You had me scared for a minute. Now I'm not scared but I'm
confused. I guess that's better than scared.

I had the ftp mirror for my sources. Am I to assume that

deb http://http.debian.net/debian stable main

replaces the security and update sources? It looks like it obviates
selecting a mirror, ie ftp.debian.org.

What about non-free and contrib sources? Are they covered the old way by
appending them or will they require separate sources?

--
Bob Holtzman
A man is a man who will fight with a sword