On 7 August 2014 16:44, Aramir Galanodonel <aram...@hotmail.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having trouble to determinate which package is responsible for a bug.
> Here's the short version of the story:
> I boot up using debian 7.6.0 DVD1 and uefi is set on. I manage to get to
> the grub menu with the "install debian", "install debian graphically",
> "check device", etc... But when I select an entry (doesn't matter which)
> the kernel crashes, screen turn black, no error messages whatsoever. I have
> to reboot it.
> Long version of the story with more information (specs, what I tried to
> fix it, the workaround I found) could be found here:
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116587&p=549344#p549344
>
> So I'm not sure of which exact grub package is responsible for this bug...
> not even sure if grub is the responsible, can't provide a dump neither
> for the bug report, etc....
>
> Please help me reporting this bug.
>
> ps: I hope I'm mailing the good people, and I apologize in advance if I'm
> not.

Hi,

I assume the problem is coming from UEFI. I made some research before
realising that you did try that for installing Ubuntu on this laptop
(broader userbase) but it is with deactivated UEFI (if I understood
correctly you want UEFI). So I would say that the bug must be with the
package grub-uefi (as stated in the release notes for Wheezy, there are
apparently still problem with this "technology" and if I read it correctly
it is the package against it bugs should be reported)

Hope it helps you.
Florent