Gentlemen, I wish to disable my built-in keyboard which is inhabited by
a ghost occasionally typing bad things. I will instead use my USB
keyboard.

Of course in X windows, all that is needed is
$ xinput --disable 'AT Translated Set 2 keyboard'

The problem is I wish to disable the bad keyboard also in tty1 through
tty6, i.e., outside of X Windows too!

I found some things I could echo into:
$ (cd /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/ && find * -type f -perm /u=w)
bind_mode
drvctl
extra
force_release
input/input0/power/control
input/input0/power/async
input/input0/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
input/input0/event0/power/control
input/input0/event0/power/async
input/input0/event0/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
input/input0/event0/uevent
input/input0/uevent
power/control
power/async
power/autosuspend_delay_ms
scroll
set
softraw
softrepeat
uevent

But looking in
/usr/share/doc/linux-doc-3.14/Documentation/ABI/testing/
doesn't reveal how to actually turn it off!
One might think that
echo 0 > power/control
would do it but answer would be way off!

So how can I do it (and not zap the USB keyboard at the same time)?