On Mi, 06 aug 14, 22:23:43, Bzzzz wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 16:15:29 -0400
> Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
> >   /dev/sdd1   /home/harry/misc   ext4   user,uid=1000,gid=1050
> > 0    0
>
> I don't see no uid/gid options in man mount ext4 section…

To expand a little, the uid and gid options wouldn't make sense for
ext[234] as permissions are per file, not per filesystem.

These options are used either for filesystems with no concept of
permissions (e.g. the FAT family) or with filesystems where the
permissions are not easily mappable to Unix style permissions (e.g.
ntfs).

You might want to explain what you are trying to achieve so we can
suggest options.

Hope this helps,
Andrei