On 20/08/2014, Reco <recovery...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hi.
>
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:01:39 +0800
> Bret Busby <bret.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> And, if the solution is to change that line
>>
>> "
>> sslConfig.setProtocol( QSsl::TlsV1 );
>> "
>>
>> where do I find that line, to make the change?
>

> You'll have to change it in the Arora's source, then rebuild the
> package. And, please note that:
>
> 1) Downgrading all https connections to SSLv3 is a bad thing from the
> security viewpoint.
>
> 2) Exact syntax of sslConfig may differ. I assume that change should go
> somewhere along the line 170 of src/network/networkaccessmanager.cpp,
> but I may be wrong.

When I first saw the message above, I thought "This is all way beyone
me - I have never done anything like work on Debian packages source
code, or build a Debian package."

Then, it just occurred to me - maybe this is a thing for the Debian 6
LTS project team?

It is a Debian 6 security issue, is it not?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."