On 18/09/14 19:37, Reco wrote:
Are those formats documented somewhere? I'm asking as suddenly I felt an
irresistible urge to write journald log viewer and a wireshark
dissector. Please note that 'documented' does not equal to 'they
provide the source it's all there'.

The main page for systemd on freedesktop.org:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/

links to these description of the formats in question (among an assortment of other user, administrator, and developer documentation):

The binary network serialization format of the journal:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/export/

The binary on-disk format of the journal:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/journal-files/

The JSON serialization format of the journal:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/json/