Hi list,

I'm using sid, with wmii as my only window manager and desktop
environment.

I'm using autofs for automounting my external devices:
- CD/DVD drives,
- USB sticks formatted as FAT or NTFS,
- external hard disk drives formatted has EXT4 or NTFS.  or NTFS),
  CD-ROM drives, external hard disk drives).

I dist-upgrade my system very regularly.

The automounting used to work perfectly for all my external devices,
but since a few weeks (or perhaps a few months), it does not work any
more with my NTFS formatted devices. I have to manually mount them
instead.

Does any one have the same issue ? I can't find any post or bug report
about that. I can't tell which package upgrade caused the issue. I
believe it is not an upgrade of the autofs package that caused the
issue because the autofs package has not been upgraded since March
2014.

I have not changed my autofs configuration files recently, so I don't
believe they're the cause of the issue.

My /etc/auto.master file contains one line:
/var/autofs/removable   /etc/auto.removable
--timeout=2,sync,nodev,nosuid

The /etc/auto.removable has the following entries:
chikai      -fstype=iso9660,ro,sync,nodev,nosuid        :/dev/chikai
chil        -fstype=ntfs,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/chil
eos_digital
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/eos_digital
nikon_d200
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/nikon_d200 fao
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/fao ikki
-fstype=ntfs,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/ikki jacala
-fstype=iso9660,ro,sync,nodev,nosuid        :/dev/jacala buldeo
-fstype=iso9660,ro,sync,nodev,nosuid        :/dev/buldeo kaa
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/kaa mao
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/mao nag
-fstype=ntfs,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/nag medianavmp3
-fstype=vfat,gid=46,dmask=002,fmask=113     :/dev/medianavmp3
akela2_root     -fstype=ext4                        :/dev/akela2_root
akela2_home     -fstype=ext4                        :/dev/akela2_home
akela2_tmp      -fstype=ext4                        :/dev/akela2_tmp
akela2_usr      -fstype=ext4                        :/dev/akela2_usr
akela2_var      -fstype=ext4                        :/dev/akela2_var

The automounting used to work for all of the entries, but now does not
for the three entries with "-fstype=ntfs".

Note that the associated devices in /dev are still created properly
when the devices are plugged in, so I don't suspect a udev related
issue.

Thierry