On Tuesday 18 November 2014 21:02:53 Michael Fothergill wrote:
> I also tried translating the Latin expression I made back into English to
> check whether it would help anyone interested to "get" the joke....
>
> But I noticed that google translate rendered it in English as: "Time flies,
> whereas the Latin still sucks."

Not a bad translation, in fact, but the grammar is a bit of a mess.  It is
(the) Latin men you have sucking, not the language, and you have more than
one of them so they should suck not sucks.  (Latini is plural and sugit is
singular.)

I love linguistic discussions, so bring on the disagreements - but they would
be rather OT.

Lisi