On 2014-11-23, Bret Busby <bret.bu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> L'hôpital qui se moque de la charité?
>>
> I think that, in one of the sciences, was a "L'Hopital's Rule", but,
> do not remember to what it applied, or, what was the rule.

My etymological sources tell me that from the end of the Middle Ages to
the beginning of the Renaissance, in large European cities, there was a
certain rivalry between publicly-administered hospitals and
religiously-administered charities in treating the sick and the poor.

> Otherwise, I wonder whether the above, has something to do with
> mosques and charities and hospitals?

Moquer (to mock), not mosquée (mosque). The expression signifies that
before criticizing others, you should make sure that you yourself are
beyond reproach.