Nate,

Thanks for your response. I ended up dealing with the problem by
switching to wicd, but the incident has helped me learn some things
about keyrings. I think my real problem was the one where you flounder
around to the point of desperation looking for a quick fix, instead of
taking the trouble to first get an understanding of the context, in
this case the basic functions of keyrings, before attempting to fix a
specific problem.

Regards,

Tom Arnall
Ensenada, BC

Honor Julian Assange. Honor Bradley Manning. Honor Edward Snowden.
Honor all those who have risked all to tell us what we must know to
remain free.