Another finding is that i can change the mtu less then 1500  my system is
dell precision 490. i have other system on squeeze with no issue at all.
but they are on proxmox.

i have tested that i can set any value less then or equals to 1500 mtu but
when i even try 1501 it says
SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument

i have same system working on proxmox. deployed on debian squeeze and i can
go up to 9000 with no problem.
this  problem is  in non proxmox  system having debian wheezy with libvirt.

Please guide.

Thanks,
Yousuf