On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 00:11, Tom wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:02:26PM +0800, David Palmer. wrote:
[snip]
> > H.P., slandered as it has been, appears to have been the only corporate
> > body that has exhibited any real long term commitment, so far.

Because of John Hall, and the ex-DECcies, and Compaq people selling
tons of ProLiants w/ Linux.

> I have to say I was a Carley basher (she seemed California-phoney to me,
> that was probably me projecting my own hangups), but she's delivered the
> goods and made a buck.  She earned my respect.

Ah!  HP is bleeding (as opposed to Sun's hemorrhaging) money and
talent because of bone-headed management.

Ron Johnson, Jr. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jefferson, LA USA

"As the night fall does not come at once, neither does
oppression. It is in such twilight that we must all be aware of
change in the air - however slight - lest we become unwitting
victims of the darkness."
Justice William O. Douglas