On Saturday, February 07, 2015 06:01:06 PM Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2015 20:42:59 Brian wrote:
> > On Sat 07 Feb 2015 at 15:24:50 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Where would I find the location in a config file that uses the F10
> > > key to open a terminal file requester?  It is blocking thne F10 key
> > > from getting to mc, and making a single keystroke exit into a
> > > tedious at least 3 clicks of the mouse to exit mc when I am done.
> > >
> > > I have scoured the prefs in the master menu without finding that. And
> > > it does not seem to be in the terminals editable prefs.
> > >
> > > The plain old F10 is all I want to nuke.
> >
> > I believe you want F10 to go to mc and not be intercepted by the GNOME
> > terminal, I also believe the list archives at
> >
> >    https://lists.debian.org/search.html
> >
> > could help you out with a search on "F10 mc gnome". Or anything else
> > which captures your imagination.
>
> For the archives, this works better if you do it in Google than if you do
> it on the offered page.  Especially if you are monolingual. ;-)
>
> Lisi

True Lisi, 2/3rds of those search hits may as well be in swahili. I can't
read that either, and its been about 55 years since I had the last
Telefunkin schematic on the service bench so what little german I could grok
then has faded away in the dim mists of the past. ;-)

After that of course I had to learn 'Engrish'.  With a degree summa cum
laude in translating what almost looks like english into what the manual
writers at Sony or Panasonic thought they were writing.  There were some
truly classic statements in either companies broadcast gear service manuels.
I was going to remember some of the true classics, but 13 years of
retirement has even made those fade.  Sigh.

Thanks Lisi.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)