On Monday 23 February 2015 12:19:56 Christian Groessler wrote:
> "fork" implicates two or more (independend) development branches.
>
> I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, "sc" was orphaned since at least 15
> years.
>
> So, the OP when he started to add new features/bug fixes/etc., created a
> "new
> version", not a "branch".

Tell that to the KDE4 folk.  They refused to let the TDE project keep the
letters KDE anywhere in the name.  They hold the copyright, so can do this.

But it is a continuation of KDE3 (no longer developed) and has in fact
continued to use the KDE3 version numbering system, carrying on from where
KDE3 left off.  So by your definition it is not even a fork.

Lisi