On Wednesday 25 February 2015 16:06:01 Brian wrote:
> On Wed 25 Feb 2015 at 15:14:16 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> > > You can dispute it as much as you want but I am sitting in front of a
> > > machine running ubuntu-10.04.4-desktop-i386 with a print queue set up
> > > for an HL-3170CDW with Brother's packages. The GTK print dialogue shows
> > > Two-sided printing as "Not available". Does your setup show something
> > > different?
> >
> > And the GTK dialog is used with which programs?  Likewise the QT4 version
> > is used with which programs? At least one of them is not proud enough of
> > its name to offer up its name up for  public view, or ridicule as the
> > case might be.
>
> Let's have no more of this nonsense bydirecting attention away from the
> major point of my previous mail. You stated in your second post in this
> thread that
>
>   I am not sure how ununtu-10.04.4 LTS did it but it Just Worked.
>
> You have repeated that claim in other mails. Whatever "Just Worked" was
> never specified. It certainly wasn't what I describe above - Two-sided
> printing is marked as "Not available"in the GTK and Qt print dialogue.
>
> You can wriggle as much as you want, you have no evidence to back up
> what you contend. Whatever you thought worked didn't.

Now you are calling me a liar.  Don't.  I can produce well over 1500 pages of
documentation, 1000+ pages of it related to linuxcnc, all printed in duplex
mode over the last 2 years as it gets dated and I throw it out and replace
it.  Much of it with full color screen snapshots to illustrate the point
being discussed in the text.  Drop by, and I will do 2 things, first putting
some of those docs in your hands so that you can see I am NOT lying, and
possibly put a very low cal hand cooler in your hand, or a cuppa coffee if
thats your choice, while I show off some of the other things I do around
here, some of which when out in public get lots of ooh's and ahh's.  Its what
keeps me out of the bars.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)