Hi.

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:11:01 -0600
Charles Blair <c-bl...@illinois.edu> wrote:

>    I have been recently noticing that the find
> command is taking a long time, and my /usr (see df
> output below) is 73% full.  Should I do something?

Try using this to find the most bloated directory:

du -k /usr | sort -n | less

And, BTW, I don't have separate /usr, and have this:

Filesystem           Type      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs               rootfs    9.6G  2.6G  6.6G  28% /

>    libreoffice seems to be using a lot of space, and
> I only use it to read .doc files other people send me.
> I don't use the spreadsheet or database features.
> Is some reduced-functionality version available?

abiword, if you need GUI.

antiword/catdoc/unrtf, if you don't.

Also, removing unneeded parts of libreoffice should help (i.e.
libreoffice-calc and libreoffice-impress).

Reco