I can't understand how unattended upgrades continues to work after
Jessi is stable. In wheezy the config file has

   "origin=Debian,archive=stable,label=Debian-Security";
   "origin=Debian,archive=oldstable,label=Debian-Security";

I don't want to upgrade from Wheezy to Jessie immediately when Jessie
is release. Sometime when version 8.1 or 8.2 comes might be a good
time to upgrade. Meanwhile I would like the unattended-upgrades to
keep Wheezy updated until I upgrade to Jessie. And I do not want
unattended-upgrades to start installing packages from Jessie.

I read about the changes made after Squeeze which indicate this setup
does work in the above situation. But I do not understand how.

Is there some mechanism that prevents updates from stable if the
distro codename is not the same as the installed distro? What happens
if there is wheezy-lts like there is now Squeeze Long Term Support
version.

Would unattended-upgrades work, if I remove oldstable-lines and
replace every string stable with wheezy? And after upgrading to Jessie,
replace wheezy with jessie?

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehto...@iki.fi