Hello,

Can somebody explain how next task can be accomplished? My own attempt to figure out how this can be achieved wasn't successful.

I do not see any problem with virtual servers. But how to implement in apache2 through mod_proxy forwarding for image files requests only? And how on backend virtual server exclude/blocks a requests for all types of files except pictures?

 Create a new Apache VirtualHost that meets the following requirements:
            Name: frontend.${IP}.example.com
            Port: 80
            Document Root: /var/www/vhosts/frontend/htdocs
Using Mod Proxy, forward all requests for image files (.jpg, .gif, or .png) to the backend server without modifying the URL of the request All errors should log to /var/www/vhosts/frontend/logs/error.log All access requests should be logged to /var/www/vhosts/frontend/logs/access.log except for requests for any files ending in .jpg, .gif, .png.

        Backend Site

Create another Apache VirtualHost that meets the following requirements:
            Name: backend.${IP}.example.com
            Port: 8001
            Document Root: /var/www/vhosts/backend/htdocs
Configure this VirtualHost to respond with a 403 Forbidden error for all requests for files that do not contain an extension of .jpg, .gif, or .png

Thank you in advance,
Andy