On 03/29/2015 12:55 AM, Bob Holtzman wrote:
On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 09:41:16PM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2015-03-28, Bob Holtzman <hol...@cox.net> wrote:
Running Wheezy 7.8 w/ iceweasel 31.5.3. Some sites won't work, telling
me I need to install/activate javascript. Not sure how to do this. I
assume java is loaded because I see some icedtea 6  packages installed.
No idea how to activate javascript, assuming it's lurking on the HD.
Searches turned up virtually nothing useful. The few relevant hits
talked about going to Tools -> Options which doesn't exist on my copy.

Any pointers appreciated..

Brad's post answers your question.

Yes. It just didn't seem to work.

Just FYI, JavaScript is not related
to Java and Icedtea. Those latter are used for running Java applets and
applications from a web browser. It's a common misunderstanding arising
from the similarity in nomenclature.

Thanks. I was aware of thatThanks. I was aware of that.

Which java are you using?? Oracle or IcedTea/Openjdk?
There used to be a mozilla java plugin in the repos which should enable everything for you. I'm not finding it. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html