Bret Busby a écrit :

> It would be on a UEFI/GPT system, so the primary partitions are redundant.
>
> With Linux, I generally have a / partition, a /swap partition, a /home
> partition, and data partitions, with the swap partition being shared
> between the Linux installations; as they are not running concurrently,
> I do not see a problem with the /swap partition being shared between
> them.

You will see the problem if you hibernate (suspend to disk) one
installation and reboot to another installation.

> On a UEFI system that does not allow the Dual system, and, does not
> allow for the Secure Boot option to be turned off within UEFI, I have
> to choose either UEFI or Legacy, and the Win 8 is booted via UEFI, and
> the Linux systems are booted via the Legacy option.

Yet another broken UEFI implementation. According to Microsoft
requirements, secure boot can be disabled on non-ARM platforms certified
for Windows 8.

However it may be possible to boot Debian with secure boot, see for
example <http://www.rodsbooks.com/efi-bootloaders/secureboot.html>.