Hi,

I'm having problems with having both the built-in display of my Thinkpad
T440s and an external monitor working. If I boot the system without the
external monitor connected, the built-in display works, but as soon as I
connect the external monitor the external monitor starts working and the
built-in display goes blank. If I boot with the external monitor connected,
the initial boot screens (bios, grub...) show up on the built-in display
but as soon as I get to the GDM login screen it goes blank and only the
external monitor works.

In any of these cases, even if I disconnect the external monitor after the
built-in display stops working, it doesn't start working again (i.e. it is
not "re-enabled").

Both of the displays are properly enabled in the Displays configuration
screen (I've tried with both primary-secondary and secondary-primary
configurations, the problem is the same).

Do you have any ideas about how can I solve this problem? Is it a known
issue with the T440s?

This is the debian version that I'm using:
3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt7-1 (2015-03-01) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks in advance,
André.