On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:05:17PM +0200, Dark Victorian Spirit wrote:
> I hope i can ask a question on top of this one,
> what if i have a PV which is configured and in use for a while,
> but i found out that i forgot to set the pertition type on LVM.
>
> Can i still change this without data loss or risk?
> And if i don't will i face issues of another kind?

I believe so. Under Linux, partition types are mostly bookkeeping.
According to wikipedia, some partition types imply certain access
schemes (such as saying that a XENIX root partition (type 02h) should
only be accessed using CHS, not LBA), but no such restrictions apply to
Linux partitions. The Partition Type doesn't constrain the data stored
on the partition - that is, you can put an NTFS filesystem into a
"Linux" partition, even though there's a different code for NTFS.

To cut a long story short, yes, you should be fine. Nothing's ever
entirely risk-free, though so A) "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and
B) backup before you change it :)