On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 at 06:30:31 +0800,
 wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 at 11:17:10 +0000,
> Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:19:45AM +0800, csj wrote:
> >
> > > OPTFLAGS = ... -I/usr/local/src/linux/include
> >
> > /usr/local/src/linux should be the linux kernel source code.
>
> Apparently yes.  I was doing things by trial and error and
> one of them the -I variants succeeded.

Apparently no, at least as far as MPlayer is concerned.
Otherwise the kernel headers aren't recognized.  I also stumbled
upon the ./configure option --with-extraincdir=DIR (which
automates the trick).  The specified extra include dir must also
include the "include".  IRC I wasn't able to use this option some
CVS versions earlier because the option didn't stuff its
arguments in $OPTFLAGS but simply in $EXTRA_INC.  $OPTFLAGS now
references $EXTRA_INC (an ingeniously simple mod I must now
admit):

OPTFLAGS = -O4 -march=athlon -mcpu=athlon -pipe -ffast-math \
-fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE \
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 $(EXTRA_INC)