Hi list,

I'm running Debian Stretch/testing (updated daily). I use Xfce4 and
Mousepad as my GUI text editor. It seems that Mousepad is no longer
saving my preferences.

If I open a text document (either by File->Open or double-clicking
a file from the desktop), make changes to the preferences, close
Mousepad, and reopen it, the preferences revert back to the default
settings.

For example, if I set the color scheme to Cobalt then close Mousepad,
when I open it again, the color scheme will be back to the default
"None." This happens for all the preferences, not just the color
scheme.

I don't use Mousepad often. The last time I used it, this problem
didn't occur. It's been maybe a week or two since I've last used it. If
I recall correctly, I did install an update to it since then.

Any ideas on how to investigate this?

Thanks!