Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > If you didn't think of http://www.monoprice.com/ for that 100 foot
> > cable let me make a mention of it here for the future.  I am a happy
> > customer of them.
> >
> >   http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=105&cp_id=10208&cs_id=1020814
>
> Beware: These cables tend to be prone to UV degradation; best to run
> them in some sort of conduit for use outdoors. Outdoor grade cable is
> available, though, as is armoured cable.

True.  But for $12 for a 100ft cable it is hard not to simply go for
it and deal with a replacement a decade later after it finally fails.

About five years ago I put up a "temporary" cable up a tower.  It was
a red colored cable so definitely not meant for UV environments.
Black is better for high UV environments.  But red was what I had
available and therefore became a "temporary" installation.  Now all of
these years later it is somewhat faded but still usable.  Hard to call
it temporary after several years.  I keep thinking I will replace it
one of these days with one with UV rated insulation.  But it hasn't
needed it yet.

Bob